Parents’ evenings at secondary school are a big change from primary school. Here are a few ideas to help…
- The staff sit at desks in the assembly hall and canteen area, arranged by subjects. You move round to find the teachers you have appointments with.
- There are maps on the walls to help locate teachers and departments, that are grouped together
- Appointments are 5 minutes long.
- Your child picks appointments
- If you want to speak to a particular teacher your child needs to get an appointment on his/her ‘dance card’
- These are very busy evenings. Appointments tend to slip and you may need to be in two places at once!
- Top tip: Speak to others waiting to find out their times.
- There may be an opportunity to speak with individual teachers at the end of the evening or if they have a gap in appointments.
- Parent Council members and senior staff will be there, so feel free to ask for help
You can always contact school via the office to ask to talk to subject teacher (or pupil support) if you have more detailed queries to discuss.