It’s the start of another school year and Trinity Academy is welcoming new families to the school as they join S1. Parent Councils play an important role in bringing home and school together — enabling schools to gather parents’ and carers’ views and for parents to share their ideas and get more involved in school life.
We would like to ask you to think about joining the Parent Council because Parent Councils are most successful when they represent all members of the school community.
What does the Parent Council do?
- Help the school take the needs of parents into account when making their decisions.
- Give the school leadership an opportunity to communicate directly with parents.
- Help parents to understand decisions from the point of view of the school.
- Help the school to access parental skills which may benefit the students.
- Increase parental involvement in the school.
- Improve communication between school and home.
- Raise funds and give a little of our time to support and promote the work of the school.
Why join us?
Here are a few ideas.
- Knowing more about how the school works, helps you to help your child.
- There’s something for everyone. You don’t have to be part of a committee if that’s not your thing. You can help run events, look after our website or social media, campaign, help our school uniform and sport equipment exchanges. You can do as little or as much as you want.
- To make friends. After primary school it’s easy to lose touch with other parents, and our meetings and events bring parents together.
Please contact us if you would like to come to our first meeting on the 2nd of September.
Here’s a short video with more reasons…