For the last few years a group of parents and pupils have taken part in Pedal for Scotland’s cycle from Glasgow to Edinburgh. This event is a highly successful fundraiser and this year we are hoping to enter two Trinity Teams with separate fundraising goals:
- Trinity Academy Charitable Trust – open to anyone; with fundraising going to our charity. The Trust supports a wide range of charitable donations to the school and pupils.
- Team Sri Lanka – open to anyone; with fundraising contributing to the fundraising target for the School’s Hockey and Rugby tour to Sri Lanka.
The cycle is a closed-road event on Sunday 9th September. Most of us will be doing the 45-mile route, but there are also 10 and 100 mile alternatives. The 45-mile route is a mixture of hills and flat roads that can be completed by riders with a wide range of cycling skills.
- If you would like to take part in either team please get in touch with us and we will pass on details to the two teams.
- To register as an “individual” for the 45-mile event, register for the Classic Challenge and choose the Wave 2 departure time (8:00-8:30am).
If you would like to learn more, or register for the alternative distances, details are on the Pedal for Scotland website.
The 50:50 Club is a monthly lottery where 50% of the income goes to the winning member and the remainder goes to the school to help buy equipment or finance activities for the pupils.
Our next fundraising event is a Burns Supper which is a joint event with Trinity Academicals Rugby Club and takes place Saturday 20th January from 7:00pm.
There will be a traditional meal of haggis followed by speeches, entertainment and, of course, a ceilidh. Tickets are £15 and are available by either emailing Suz Edwards or from Mrs Quayle in the English department. Tickets are limited to 120 and are anticipated to sell out quickly, so reserve yours early!
We will also need help and volunteers in the following ways:
- Help to set up on Friday 19th 1.30pm to 4:00pm.
- Help from 5pm with last minute preparation.
- Volunteers on Sunday 21st from 10:00am to help clear up.
- People to help with the bar for an hour on the night.
- We also require 12 trifles that are big enough to serve 10 people.
If you can help with any of these please email Suz.
Congratulations to our group of parents and pupils who completed this year’s Pedal for Scotland event, raising over £2,400 for the school.
It’s still possible to donate via our JustGiving page.
Well done to everyone who took part, particularly Joe (S1), Ruth (S1), Archie (S2), Ben (S3), Sam (S4), and Jack (S6)
One of the things we do as a Parent Council is to raise funds which are then given to the school. We raise money through events (such as wine tastings, quiz, race and music nights), Easy Fundraising, our 50:50 draw, sponsorship and working with Trinity Accies and the rugby and hockey tour, fundraising group to hold joint events.
It is the beginning of the new school year and we would like new members to join the fundraising group. The group will meet to work out a programme of events and the specific tasks that need to be done throughout the year. It will then meet on an ad-hoc basis.
You can do as little or as much as you like and if you cannot be at events you can still help as there are certain admin tasks that need to be done too.
Examples of tasks you could volunteer to do are as follows;
- Complete the Form for the hire of the school for events
- Request the alcohol licence for events
- Promote the use of Easy Fundraising
- Promote the 50/50 draw
- Serve on the bar at events
- Organise or sell raffle tickets
- Shop for supplies such as beer, wine and food etc
- Make posters/tickets for events
- Encourage others to come to the events
- Set up and clear up at events
The fundraising group is good fun and a great way to get to know other parents at the school.
If you are interested in joining the Fundraising Group please contact us by 6th September and we will arrange the 1st meeting.
Our first Parent Council meeting of 2016/2017 is next week — September 5th at 7:00pm.
We have a great group of committed parents who each give a few hours every term to help in a variety of ways. Some attend meetings, some help with fundraising, some help run events, and some help with campaigns or communications.
What could you do? What time could you give? Every little bit helps, and all talents are welcome!
We would particularly welcome new members from those who have just started in S1 this year but everyone is welcome and there is no pressure to speak. Please come along next Tuesday and learn more about the parent council and the life of the school.
Welcome back to a new school year!
A group of parents is cycling 46 miles from Glasgow to Edinburgh on 10th September to raise funds for the school. We have setup a page for donations on JustGiving and it is now live to collect donations. If you can please check out the page and give generously.
Every penny we receive will go to Parent Council funds to help the school with their projects. Please help support our students at Trinity Academy.
We’ve updated our 50:50 club details page to make it easier to join by online banking. At the moment the prize fund each month is sitting at over £70 so it’s a great time to join and every winner gets a nice bonus if their number is drawn!
The weekend’s nearly over so let’s look ahead to next weekend!
We’re holding a summer gin tasting and barbecue next Friday, 9 June at the school. Gin – it’s so popular right now; a single spirit, loads of different flavours, how do you know where to start?
Ash from Appellation wines is sure to guide us through the world of new gins in a really fun way and you get an opportunity to taste six different premium brands. For only £20 you can kick-off the weekend, relax, meet other parents and raise funds for Trinity Academy!
We need to finalise numbers by Tuesday so please email Suz Edwards if you are interested in going.