We’ve updated our 50:50 club details page to make it easier to join by online banking. At the moment the prize fund each month is sitting at over £70 so it’s a great time to join and every winner gets a nice bonus if their number is drawn!
The weekend’s nearly over so let’s look ahead to next weekend!
We’re holding a summer gin tasting and barbecue next Friday, 9 June at the school. Gin – it’s so popular right now; a single spirit, loads of different flavours, how do you know where to start?
Ash from Appellation wines is sure to guide us through the world of new gins in a really fun way and you get an opportunity to taste six different premium brands. For only £20 you can kick-off the weekend, relax, meet other parents and raise funds for Trinity Academy!
We need to finalise numbers by Tuesday so please email Suz Edwards if you are interested in going.
A group of parents and pupils are planning to cycle the 45 miles from Glasgow to Edinburgh as part of this year’s Pedal for Scotland Classic Challenge or wee jaunt on 10th September. Though that might sound daunting, it’s a really well-organised day on closed roads, with rest stops every 10 miles. Those taking part will have a great time and help raise lots of money for the school through sponsorship!
If you’re interested in finding out more, taking on a personal challenge and helping the school, please get in touch. The more the merrier… Parents, students and staff all very welcome!
We will also have some weekend training rides, which you’re very welcome to join whether or not you want to take part in the event.
Of course if you are unable to take part you will be able to sponsor the riders or cheer them on. Look out for details soon.
Our Friends at Trinity Academicals Rugby Club are having a Race Night on Saturday 20th May. Details are in the attached Poster.
I am sure they would welcome any support we can give them.
Last night, author Daniel Rachel was at the school talking about his book of interviews and conversations with with great British songwriters. It was fascinating to hear about the artists he met while researching his book, Isle of Noises — Ray Davies, Johnny Marr, Noel Gallagher, Laura Marling, Billy Bragg, Sting and many more.
For anyone interested in music this was a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the craft and skill that goes into writing music and song lyrics. Funds raised last night will go towards an improved lighting and sound system for the school and benefit the musical life of the school.
Thank you Daniel for coming to Trinity and to parent Mike Nicholson for arranging the evening and interviewing Daniel.
Author and musician Daniel Rachel will give a talk and play some music at the school to accompany his book Isle of Noises that features exclusive, in-depth, conversations with twenty-seven of the UK’s greatest living musicians. Anyone, who loves music, will enjoy this opportunity to hear about the art and craft of songwriting by creators of some absolute classics.
“This is without doubt the finest book I’ve ever read about songwriters and the songs they write. Fantastic insightful interviews”
— Noel Gallagher
We’re grateful to Daniel for adding an event at the school and all funds raised for the evening will go towards the costs of the new sound and lighting equipment for the school. This is a perfect match as the new equipment will benefit all the musicians and concerts at the school.
The Christmas Raffle was drawn today with a bit of help from Marion Cameron at the school.
Here are a list of the Prizes and Winners so check your tickets and see if you have won.
Prize Winning Ticket Number Winner’s Name
- Case of Beer 370 Fiona Bennett
- Bottle of White Wine 2512 S Stewart
- Bottle of Red Wine 1442 S Todd
- Escada Perfume 2523 Iver McDonald
- Girl online book 228 Elene Fransis
- Skin Spa toiletries 4178 C Hillhouse
- Clarins bag 4729 Ant Mayer
- John Torode Book 3107 K Williamson
- Sugar Free Cook Book 3878 V Hope
- Xmas Cook Book 4084 Fiona McMillian
- Pamper Bag 3138 Anna McCorquodale
- White Co Toiletries 1405 F McParland
- Bayliss & Harding set 810 Margaret Cameron
- Greetings Cards 467 M Dowly Clarke
- Guylian Chocs 1401 F McParland
- Ferrero Rocher 835 Stuart Macrae
- Rugby Mug 3828 Joy Nicholson
- Tea Light Holder 3137 Anna McCorquodale
- Milk Tray Chocs 4876 Gillian Stead
- Jams & Chutneys 1813 Corina O’Malley
- Roger & Gallet Soaps 278 N Nicholson
- Box of Heroes 1711 Kay Hildersley
- Dragons Den Game 1646 Dee Torrance
- Mrs Brown DVD 335 Boldy
- Bottle of whisky 927 Alex Spence
- £20 Vue Voucher 2491 Andrew McMillian
- 3 Course meal @ the Lighthouse 4064 Wendy West
- £30 voucher @ Sasso 4119 Sam Adler
- £30 voucher @ Starbank 3140 Anna McCorquodale
- 4 Torchlight procession tickets 3920 Felix Hale
- 4 Torchlight procession tickets 3616 Siobhan Hughes
- 4 Street Party Tickets 2307 M Devoy
- 4 Street Party Tickets 1588 Mikel Francis
You can pick up your prizes from the School Office next week.
Thanks to everyone who donated Prizes and who bought tickets.
Our race night on Friday raised a grand total of £1,110 which will go towards the new sound and lighting equipment for the school!
Thank you to everyone who bought a horse, jockey, trainer, donated a raffle prize or helped and turned up on the night. We would also like to thank the following Business who all sponsored a race:
- Adams Whyte Criminal Defence Lawyers
- Clockwork Removals and Storage
- Trinity Glazing Ltd
- Hing Tai Chinese Takeaway
- SWC Independent
- Porto & Fi
- Image Printers Ltd
Thanks to all of you for your support to the school.
As we start the run-up to Christmas this is a good time to remember it’s possible to raise funds for Trinity Academy whenever you shop online. When you shop the easyfundraising way with one of 3,143 shops and sites, they give a commission for your purchase. Easyfundraising turns that into a donation and give it to your good cause. Easy!
If you’ve not already done so, head over to easyfundraising, register, select Trinity Academy as your good cause and start raising funds for the school — it costs you nothing!