For the last few years a group of parents and pupils have taken part in Pedal for Scotland’s cycle from Glasgow to Edinburgh. This event is a highly successful fundraiser and this year we are hoping to enter two Trinity Teams with separate fundraising goals:
- Trinity Academy Charitable Trust – open to anyone; with fundraising going to our charity. The Trust supports a wide range of charitable donations to the school and pupils.
- Team Sri Lanka – open to anyone; with fundraising contributing to the fundraising target for the School’s Hockey and Rugby tour to Sri Lanka.
The cycle is a closed-road event on Sunday 9th September. Most of us will be doing the 45-mile route, but there are also 10 and 100 mile alternatives. The 45-mile route is a mixture of hills and flat roads that can be completed by riders with a wide range of cycling skills.
- If you would like to take part in either team please get in touch with us and we will pass on details to the two teams.
- To register as an “individual” for the 45-mile event, register for the Classic Challenge and choose the Wave 2 departure time (8:00-8:30am).
If you would like to learn more, or register for the alternative distances, details are on the Pedal for Scotland website.
The 50:50 Club is a monthly lottery where 50% of the income goes to the winning member and the remainder goes to the school to help buy equipment or finance activities for the pupils.
We’re hosting a Trinity Academy Parent Council & Trinity Academicals Rugby Club Burns Supper on Saturday 20 January, 7:00pm – 12:00. Tickets cost £15 and are available from Suz Edwards
Our next fundraising event is a Burns Supper which is a joint event with Trinity Academicals Rugby Club and takes place Saturday 20th January from 7:00pm.
There will be a traditional meal of haggis followed by speeches, entertainment and, of course, a ceilidh. Tickets are £15 and are available by either emailing Suz Edwards or from Mrs Quayle in the English department. Tickets are limited to 120 and are anticipated to sell out quickly, so reserve yours early!
We will also need help and volunteers in the following ways:
- Help to set up on Friday 19th 1.30pm to 4:00pm.
- Help from 5pm with last minute preparation.
- Volunteers on Sunday 21st from 10:00am to help clear up.
- People to help with the bar for an hour on the night.
- We also require 12 trifles that are big enough to serve 10 people.
If you can help with any of these please email Suz.
We are holding a wine tasting in the school on Friday 10th November and the theme for the evening is Seven wines for Christmas Day.
Ashton from Appellation Wines will once again guide us through a selection of wines that will work well with smoked salmon, turkey or goose, Christmas pudding and even that family game of Twister! You can order wines on the night for delivery before Christmas.
These have always been fun evenings, a great way to meet other parents and ease yourself into the weekend.
Cost is £15 a head – please contact us if you want tickets.
Congratulations to our group of parents and pupils who completed this year’s Pedal for Scotland event, raising over £2,400 for the school.
It’s still possible to donate via our JustGiving page.
Well done to everyone who took part, particularly Joe (S1), Ruth (S1), Archie (S2), Ben (S3), Sam (S4), and Jack (S6)