For those of you ending your time with the school, here’s a letter with a few ways of keeping in touch with the school in the future.
There’s now a new (and free) way to raise money for Trinity Academy if you are an Amazon user. Once you’ve signed-up to Amazon Smile, Amazon will give 0.5% of the purchase price to our Charitable Trust and then we will pass on those donations to the school.
The school needs to raise money to put on the school show ‘Grease’ in June so there is a fundraising Massaoke. Ms Milne’s band will be playing, and the whole audience takes part, singing along. The Parent Council is running a bar for the event and it’s sure to be a fun night. Tickets are available from Ms Milne. Please support this event.
Prizes for our 50:50 club are now around £75 each month and we’ve made it really easy to join.
Following our AGM, our Chair, Liz, was delighted to be able to hand over the Parent Council’s donation of over £8,000 to the school. Parent Council funding is used to support equity and inclusion across the school. This year our donation will help to purchase
- Mathletics, an online Maths learning tool
- Spare PE kits
- Mask sets and lighting equipment for the drama department
- Speakers for music practice rooms
- Extra guitars to allow wider opportunities for performance
- A range of novels promoting positive attitudes
- Entry to the Silver LGBT Chartermark
- French and Spanish dictionaries for pupils to use at home
- Subscription to Linguascope to support vocabulary acquisition for learners of other languages and learning of English as a second language
- Screen to enhance communication across the school
- Transport costs for S1 residential trip
- Support to headteacher’s equity fund
- Ties for all S1 pupils
Thank you to everyone who supported our fundraising last year. This funding will make a real difference across the school.
For the last few years a group of parents and pupils have taken part in Pedal for Scotland’s cycle from Glasgow to Edinburgh. This event is a highly successful fundraiser and this year we are hoping to enter two Trinity Teams with separate fundraising goals:
- Trinity Academy Charitable Trust – open to anyone; with fundraising going to our charity. The Trust supports a wide range of charitable donations to the school and pupils.
- Team Sri Lanka – open to anyone; with fundraising contributing to the fundraising target for the School’s Hockey and Rugby tour to Sri Lanka.
The cycle is a closed-road event on Sunday 9th September. Most of us will be doing the 45-mile route, but there are also 10 and 100 mile alternatives. The 45-mile route is a mixture of hills and flat roads that can be completed by riders with a wide range of cycling skills.
- If you would like to take part in either team please get in touch with us and we will pass on details to the two teams.
- To register as an “individual” for the 45-mile event, register for the Classic Challenge and choose the Wave 2 departure time (8:00-8:30am).
If you would like to learn more, or register for the alternative distances, details are on the Pedal for Scotland website.
The 50:50 Club is a monthly lottery where 50% of the income goes to the winning member and the remainder goes to the school to help buy equipment or finance activities for the pupils.
Our next fundraising event is a Burns Supper which is a joint event with Trinity Academicals Rugby Club and takes place Saturday 20th January from 7:00pm.
There will be a traditional meal of haggis followed by speeches, entertainment and, of course, a ceilidh. Tickets are £15 and are available by either emailing Suz Edwards or from Mrs Quayle in the English department. Tickets are limited to 120 and are anticipated to sell out quickly, so reserve yours early!
We will also need help and volunteers in the following ways:
- Help to set up on Friday 19th 1.30pm to 4:00pm.
- Help from 5pm with last minute preparation.
- Volunteers on Sunday 21st from 10:00am to help clear up.
- People to help with the bar for an hour on the night.
- We also require 12 trifles that are big enough to serve 10 people.
If you can help with any of these please email Suz.
Congratulations to our group of parents and pupils who completed this year’s Pedal for Scotland event, raising over £2,400 for the school.
It’s still possible to donate via our JustGiving page.
Well done to everyone who took part, particularly Joe (S1), Ruth (S1), Archie (S2), Ben (S3), Sam (S4), and Jack (S6)