One of the things we do as a Parent Council is to raise funds which are then given to the school. We raise money through events (such as wine tastings, quiz, race and music nights), Easy Fundraising, our 50:50 draw, sponsorship and working with Trinity Accies and the rugby and hockey tour, fundraising group to hold joint events.
It is the beginning of the new school year and we would like new members to join the fundraising group. The group will meet to work out a programme of events and the specific tasks that need to be done throughout the year. It will then meet on an ad-hoc basis.
You can do as little or as much as you like and if you cannot be at events you can still help as there are certain admin tasks that need to be done too.
Examples of tasks you could volunteer to do are as follows;
- Complete the Form for the hire of the school for events
- Request the alcohol licence for events
- Promote the use of Easy Fundraising
- Promote the 50/50 draw
- Serve on the bar at events
- Organise or sell raffle tickets
- Shop for supplies such as beer, wine and food etc
- Make posters/tickets for events
- Encourage others to come to the events
- Set up and clear up at events
The fundraising group is good fun and a great way to get to know other parents at the school.
If you are interested in joining the Fundraising Group please contact us by 6th September and we will arrange the 1st meeting.