Last night, author Daniel Rachel was at the school talking about his book of interviews and conversations with with great British songwriters. It was fascinating to hear about the artists he met while researching his book, Isle of Noises — Ray Davies, Johnny Marr, Noel Gallagher, Laura Marling, Billy Bragg, Sting and many more.
For anyone interested in music this was a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the craft and skill that goes into writing music and song lyrics. Funds raised last night will go towards an improved lighting and sound system for the school and benefit the musical life of the school.
Thank you Daniel for coming to Trinity and to parent Mike Nicholson for arranging the evening and interviewing Daniel.
Calling all ‘Quizzers’ out there…
The Annual Quiz Night will be held on Friday 3rd March at 7pmTickets cost just £5 and £2.50 for kids.
Pupils — make a team & see if you can beat your parents.
Or have a Family team and see if you can beat your neighbours.
Author and musician Daniel Rachel will give a talk and play some music at the school to accompany his book Isle of Noises that features exclusive, in-depth, conversations with twenty-seven of the UK’s greatest living musicians. Anyone, who loves music, will enjoy this opportunity to hear about the art and craft of songwriting by creators of some absolute classics.
“This is without doubt the finest book I’ve ever read about songwriters and the songs they write. Fantastic insightful interviews”
— Noel Gallagher
We’re grateful to Daniel for adding an event at the school and all funds raised for the evening will go towards the costs of the new sound and lighting equipment for the school. This is a perfect match as the new equipment will benefit all the musicians and concerts at the school.
Tickets costs £10 (concessions £7.50) and you can book online through Brown Paper Tickets where you will also find further event information. You may also reserve a ticket by emailing Mike Nicholson.
The Christmas Raffle was drawn today with a bit of help from Marion Cameron at the school.
Here are a list of the Prizes and Winners so check your tickets and see if you have won.
Prize Winning Ticket Number Winner’s Name
- Case of Beer 370 Fiona Bennett
- Bottle of White Wine 2512 S Stewart
- Bottle of Red Wine 1442 S Todd
- Escada Perfume 2523 Iver McDonald
- Girl online book 228 Elene Fransis
- Skin Spa toiletries 4178 C Hillhouse
- Clarins bag 4729 Ant Mayer
- John Torode Book 3107 K Williamson
- Sugar Free Cook Book 3878 V Hope
- Xmas Cook Book 4084 Fiona McMillian
- Pamper Bag 3138 Anna McCorquodale
- White Co Toiletries 1405 F McParland
- Bayliss & Harding set 810 Margaret Cameron
- Greetings Cards 467 M Dowly Clarke
- Guylian Chocs 1401 F McParland
- Ferrero Rocher 835 Stuart Macrae
- Rugby Mug 3828 Joy Nicholson
- Tea Light Holder 3137 Anna McCorquodale
- Milk Tray Chocs 4876 Gillian Stead
- Jams & Chutneys 1813 Corina O’Malley
- Roger & Gallet Soaps 278 N Nicholson
- Box of Heroes 1711 Kay Hildersley
- Dragons Den Game 1646 Dee Torrance
- Mrs Brown DVD 335 Boldy
- Bottle of whisky 927 Alex Spence
- £20 Vue Voucher 2491 Andrew McMillian
- 3 Course meal @ the Lighthouse 4064 Wendy West
- £30 voucher @ Sasso 4119 Sam Adler
- £30 voucher @ Starbank 3140 Anna McCorquodale
- 4 Torchlight procession tickets 3920 Felix Hale
- 4 Torchlight procession tickets 3616 Siobhan Hughes
- 4 Street Party Tickets 2307 M Devoy
- 4 Street Party Tickets 1588 Mikel Francis
You can pick up your prizes from the School Office next week.
Thanks to everyone who donated Prizes and who bought tickets.
Thanks to your amazing generosity we’ve met out target to raise £1000 for the school! On behalf of everyone who’s cycling from Glasgow to Edinburgh to raise those funds – THANK YOU.
With a week to go we would like to keep going and smash that target because every donation (small or large) helps and goes to the school to help them do more.
If you have not already done so, please can you donate at justgiving.com
A goup of parents and teachers from Trinity Academy are taking part in this year’s Pedal for Scotland Classic Challenge, cycling 50 miles to raise funds for the school. This year’s event takes place on the 11th September and our target is to raise £1000.
We have setup a page for donations on JustGiving. Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure.
Please click here to help support our students at Trinity Academy.
A goup of parents and teachers from Trinity Academy will be taking part in this year’s Pedal for Scotland Classic Challenge, cycling 50 miles to raise funds for the school. This year’s event takes place on the 11th September.
They will be looking for volunteers to join the event so if you would like to take on a personal challenge andhelp the school please get in touch.
Of course if you are unable to take part you will be able to sponsor the riders or make a contribution. Look out for details soon.
Summer is nearly here and you can almost taste it…
Our next fundraising event takes place on the 10th of June – an end of term summer event. We will have a tasting of summer beer and rosé wine hosted by James Wrobel of Cornelius Beers and Wines of Easter Road. There will also be a barbecue together with fun games and challenges.
It will be great fun and, as always, every penny raised goes to help the school.
Price is £12 for the beer and rosé tasting and we want to know numbers to have enough to go around. To reserve your place email Susan Edwards or you can buy online at Brown Paper Tickets.
Congratulations to the following winners of the 50:50 club who were drawn from the hat during our meeting tonight.
- Lesley Shepherd
- Andrew Macmillan