There’s now a new (and free) way to raise money for Trinity Academy if you are an Amazon user. Once you’ve signed-up to Amazon Smile, Amazon will give 0.5% of the purchase price to our Charitable Trust and then we will pass on those donations to the school.
Prizes for our 50:50 club are now around £75 each month and we’ve made it really easy to join.
One of the things we do as a Parent Council is to raise funds which are then given to the school. We raise money through events (such as wine tastings, quiz, race and music nights), Easy Fundraising, our 50:50 draw, sponsorship and working with Trinity Accies and the rugby and hockey tour, fundraising group to hold joint events.
It is the beginning of the new school year and we would like new members to join the fundraising group. The group will meet to work out a programme of events and the specific tasks that need to be done throughout the year. It will then meet on an ad-hoc basis.
You can do as little or as much as you like and if you cannot be at events you can still help as there are certain admin tasks that need to be done too.
Examples of tasks you could volunteer to do are as follows;
- Complete the Form for the hire of the school for events
- Request the alcohol licence for events
- Promote the use of Easy Fundraising
- Promote the 50/50 draw
- Serve on the bar at events
- Organise or sell raffle tickets
- Shop for supplies such as beer, wine and food etc
- Make posters/tickets for events
- Encourage others to come to the events
- Set up and clear up at events
The fundraising group is good fun and a great way to get to know other parents at the school.
If you are interested in joining the Fundraising Group please contact us by 6th September and we will arrange the 1st meeting.
Welcome back to a new school year!
A group of parents is cycling 46 miles from Glasgow to Edinburgh on 10th September to raise funds for the school. We have setup a page for donations on JustGiving and it is now live to collect donations. If you can please check out the page and give generously.
Every penny we receive will go to Parent Council funds to help the school with their projects. Please help support our students at Trinity Academy.
The weekend’s nearly over so let’s look ahead to next weekend!
We’re holding a summer gin tasting and barbecue next Friday, 9 June at the school. Gin – it’s so popular right now; a single spirit, loads of different flavours, how do you know where to start?
Ash from Appellation wines is sure to guide us through the world of new gins in a really fun way and you get an opportunity to taste six different premium brands. For only £20 you can kick-off the weekend, relax, meet other parents and raise funds for Trinity Academy!
We need to finalise numbers by Tuesday so please email Suz Edwards if you are interested in going.
Last night, author Daniel Rachel was at the school talking about his book of interviews and conversations with with great British songwriters. It was fascinating to hear about the artists he met while researching his book, Isle of Noises — Ray Davies, Johnny Marr, Noel Gallagher, Laura Marling, Billy Bragg, Sting and many more.
For anyone interested in music this was a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the craft and skill that goes into writing music and song lyrics. Funds raised last night will go towards an improved lighting and sound system for the school and benefit the musical life of the school.
Thank you Daniel for coming to Trinity and to parent Mike Nicholson for arranging the evening and interviewing Daniel.
Author and musician Daniel Rachel will give a talk and play some music at the school to accompany his book Isle of Noises that features exclusive, in-depth, conversations with twenty-seven of the UK’s greatest living musicians. Anyone, who loves music, will enjoy this opportunity to hear about the art and craft of songwriting by creators of some absolute classics.
“This is without doubt the finest book I’ve ever read about songwriters and the songs they write. Fantastic insightful interviews”
— Noel Gallagher
We’re grateful to Daniel for adding an event at the school and all funds raised for the evening will go towards the costs of the new sound and lighting equipment for the school. This is a perfect match as the new equipment will benefit all the musicians and concerts at the school.
The Christmas Raffle was drawn today with a bit of help from Marion Cameron at the school.
Here are a list of the Prizes and Winners so check your tickets and see if you have won.
Prize Winning Ticket Number Winner’s Name
- Case of Beer 370 Fiona Bennett
- Bottle of White Wine 2512 S Stewart
- Bottle of Red Wine 1442 S Todd
- Escada Perfume 2523 Iver McDonald
- Girl online book 228 Elene Fransis
- Skin Spa toiletries 4178 C Hillhouse
- Clarins bag 4729 Ant Mayer
- John Torode Book 3107 K Williamson
- Sugar Free Cook Book 3878 V Hope
- Xmas Cook Book 4084 Fiona McMillian
- Pamper Bag 3138 Anna McCorquodale
- White Co Toiletries 1405 F McParland
- Bayliss & Harding set 810 Margaret Cameron
- Greetings Cards 467 M Dowly Clarke
- Guylian Chocs 1401 F McParland
- Ferrero Rocher 835 Stuart Macrae
- Rugby Mug 3828 Joy Nicholson
- Tea Light Holder 3137 Anna McCorquodale
- Milk Tray Chocs 4876 Gillian Stead
- Jams & Chutneys 1813 Corina O’Malley
- Roger & Gallet Soaps 278 N Nicholson
- Box of Heroes 1711 Kay Hildersley
- Dragons Den Game 1646 Dee Torrance
- Mrs Brown DVD 335 Boldy
- Bottle of whisky 927 Alex Spence
- £20 Vue Voucher 2491 Andrew McMillian
- 3 Course meal @ the Lighthouse 4064 Wendy West
- £30 voucher @ Sasso 4119 Sam Adler
- £30 voucher @ Starbank 3140 Anna McCorquodale
- 4 Torchlight procession tickets 3920 Felix Hale
- 4 Torchlight procession tickets 3616 Siobhan Hughes
- 4 Street Party Tickets 2307 M Devoy
- 4 Street Party Tickets 1588 Mikel Francis
You can pick up your prizes from the School Office next week.
Thanks to everyone who donated Prizes and who bought tickets.